2012-2013 Athletic Accomplishments
- Forty-three Centenary student-athletes were named to the Spring 2013 Dean’s List.
- Baseball (3), women’s basketball (1), men’s and women’s cross country (4), men’s golf (1), gymnastics (4), lacrosse (1), men’s soccer (4), women’s soccer (9), men’s and women’s swimming (5), men’s and women’s tennis (6) and volleyball (5).
- Ninety student-athletes were named to the conference honor holl.
- Eighty-five were named to the SCAC Academic Honor Roll: men’s and women’s cross country (11), men’s soccer (9), women’s soccer (9), volleyball (9), baseball (7), men's swimming (7), women's swimming (7), women's tennis (7), lacrosse (5), women's golf (4), men's basketball (3), women's basketball (2), softball (2), men's tennis (2) and men's golf (1). Gymnastics (5) in the Midwest Independent Conference.
- Twenty-seven student-athletes were conference athletes of the week for the 2012-13 season. Eighteen of those came in the spring.
- Baseball (8), men’s basketball (1), women’s basketball (2), softball (1), men’s and women’s golf (3), gymnastics (1), lacrosse (2), men’s soccer (2), women’s soccer (1), men’s and women’s swimming (3), men’s and women’s tennis (5).
- Thirty-three student-athletes were named all-conference by the head coaches of the conference.
- Baseball (10), men’s basketball (3), women’s basketball (3), softball (3), men’s and women’s golf (3), gymnastics (2), lacrosse (2), men’s soccer (2), women’s soccer (2), men’s swimming (1), men’s and women’s tennis (2).
- SCAC Character and Community Award honorees: Cole Thompson (baseball), Rachel Grinnell (women’s golf/tennis), Michael Schwandt (men’s swimming), Briana Edwards (women’s basketball), Jesi Wilcox (volleyball) and Kellan Klaus (men’s soccer).
- All-Americans: Jonathan Blount (men’s basketball), Meg Crowley (gymnastics), Robyn Price (gymnastics), Jessica Lieblich (gymnastics), Christy Martinez (gymnastics) and Stephanie Strickler (gymnastics).
- Academic All-Americans: Meg Crowley (gymnastics), Jessica Lieblich (gymnastics) and Christy Martinez (gymnastics).
- 2013 All-Louisiana Team: Vashni Sharp-Moore (women’s basketball) and Jonthan Blount (men’s basketball).
- Two Centenary head coaches were named Coach of the Year in the conference by their fellow head coaches.
- Gymnastics’ Jackie Fain received the honor as Midwest Independent Conference Coach of the Year following a successful 2013 season that ended with a third place finish at the USA Gymnastics National Championship. Baseball head coach Mike Diaz was named SCAC Co-Coach of the Year after leading the Gents to the top seed in the SCAC Championship and a runner-up finish in the conference tournament.
- Five student-athletes also garnered yearly awards from the head coaches of the SCAC.
- Craig Littleman and Paul Arcement were recognized by the baseball coaches. Littleman was named Co-Player of the Year with Arcement named Co-Freshman of the Year. Men’s basketball’s Jonathan Blount was named SCAC Player of the Year with teammate Brett Bell being named Newcomer of the Year. Ross Olivier rounded out the group as he was tabbed the SCAC Male Swimmer of the Year.
- Baseball finished the regular season as the top seed in the SCAC Baseball Championship. The Gents finished as the SCAC runner-up in its first season in the conference. Baseball ranked nationally during the season.
- Gymnastics finished third at the USA Gymnastics National Championship with seven gymnasts receiving all-American laurels and three named academic all-Americans.
- The swim teams concluded the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships with a pair of third-place, team finishes. The Ladies totaled 586 points while the Gents finished with 665 points - both marks highest of non-diving schools.
- Men’s lacrosse completed its first season as a NCAA sport.
- Men’s and women’s cross country each claimed fifth place finishes at the SCAC Championships. The Gents posted a total time of 2:44:09.5 with Miles McDonald recording the best finish in 19th place with a time of 28:47.18. The Ladies tallied a time of 2:28:26.4 with Rachel Olson finishing 20th with a time of 26:26.47.
- All sixteen sports placed a student-athlete on the SCAC Sportsmanship Teams.